Monday, July 14, 2008

So yesterday they made me executive secretary in my singles ward. It's really not all that different from what I have been doing as Ward Clerk, but for some reason It feels like a huge change to me. It ties me down a lot....prevents me from weekend trips spilling over into sunday, stuff like that. It kind of also has made me feel a little bit like I'm done being a goof off, which stinks in a way, but is also ok.

Lynn (my brother) is now moved in and I officially have my 1st non-missionary companion roommate. I'm sure the Apt will be a little bit messy most of the time, but there are worse things.

This last weekend I got to spend friday night and saturday up near mirror lake at my uncles cabin. It was nice to just not be at my apt, work, or church building. We went on a pretty cool hike saturday. It was only about 5 miles but thats pretty good considering we did it with a pregnant girl (my sister LaNae). I drove home by myself that night while everyone else stayed. There's something really enjoyable to me about driving long distances by myself. I guess being alone in general is very restfull to me because I'm an a huge introvert by nature. Over the years I've learned to come out of the shell and function successfully in large groups but it does kind of wear on me and when I really tired I still close off a little.

A few weeks ago I spent way too much on a new mtn bike, but I'm trying to get out on it as much as possible. I also started running a couple times a week, and playing basketball at least once a week. I really miss the days when I could bike the loop 3 times a week and played ball almost every day.